Sunday, February 10, 2013

determination

all you really need in life is determination


 
good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up....
 
these are words that I never paid much attention to before.
I always gave up....always.
 
then I started to realize that life doesn't and shouldn't come easy...if you really want something in life, you have to work for it
 and when you work really hard...I mean, give it your all...
 
 blood
 sweat 
tears
 
 it's totally worth it.
 
 
a year ago, I would never have considered giving Nathan a piggy back ride.
with my health problems and asthma, I would have thought about asking him for a ride before I offered one.
 
now, I not only offer him a simple ride for fun...but I occasionally throw him on my back for the exercise - oh yes, I do.  he just happens to weigh almost as much as I've lost so far....doing this really helps put things into perspective.
 
 
of just how far I've come

 
my kids have always thought I was a fun mom.  even though I tired easily, I tried to keep up.  I played with them and colored with them, I walked with them, I took them to the playground, I baked treats, did art projects, supported them, etc.
 
but now...
 
I'm so much more.
 
I don't just go to the playground and sit on the bench watching the clock or reading a book.
I chase them, I swing with them, I go down the slide.
 
sometimes I think they get tired before I do now.
 
we have dance parties and dance offs in the living room
we race while we run during exercise
I may not be winning (yet - anyway), but they have so much fun seeing me coming after them.
and they know that I am coming.
 
 
I don't throw in the towel and quit anymore.
I don't give up.
 
in the past, if I was facing a huge amount of stairs, I'd say point me to the nearest elevator.
 
now I run stairs for fun.
 
who would've thought that.
 
when I first decided to go back to school, I was scared witless.
it took years for Rich to convince me that I was smart enough.
 
now that I'm in school, I think what the hell took me so long.
I spent years thinking I wasn't...
 
smart enough
good enough
 
but, you know what....I am!
 
I can do anything when I put my mind to it.
 
believe you can achieve...and through a little hard work and determination
 
you can
 
 
the support and encouragement my family gives me is amazing.
 
they see things in me that I don't.
they are my biggest cheerleaders.
they run beside me, they hold my hand, they pick me up (quite literally)
they make my life brighter.
 
these two girls of mine....make me so proud to call them my daughters.
 
I get asked all the time, if they are jealous of me losing weight.
 
the girls say jealous of what?
she's our mom, not only do we love her, we are damn proud of her.
 
do they get upset that I weigh less then them, or almost the same as them now...no.
 
for them, I think it comes down to me being happy and healthy.  which makes them happy too.
 
I may just be ---- actually I know I am
the luckiest and most blessed woman on the planet.
 
 

1 comment:

Matthew Denos said...

Hi Charlene,

determination is key, absolutely.

I just read your wonderful article at http://www.homemaking-cottage.com/Mothers-of-Large-Families-Series/charlene-juliani-mother-of-six.htm

I really have come to love and admire your family. I am coming from a family of 7.

=====
On another note, I now I shouldn't be posting this here, but you can delete it from the rest of the comment. I have been trying to reach you to see if you are still interested in writing this article for me about Nutrisystem.

I am so glad Nutrisystem gave us the "go ahead" to do the Nutrisystem articles I told you about. You received Gina's email (from Nutrisystem) confirming that you can write these articles for me, didn't you?

Is there anything else that blocks you from writing these articles? You could literally sit down tonight for 1-2 hours and write the first article.

I understand you must be busy. If you still want to write this article can you please give me a date you would have it written? There is no rush for the other articles. I just need the first one for the purposes of this project.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Matthew