Friday, July 13, 2012

My 11th Week on Nutrisystem

I just finished up my 11th week on Nutrisystem.

I get asked all the time if Nutrisystem is hard to follow.

And for me the answer is simple...

No.

With each month's order I get a little journal.  A Daily Tracker if you will.

Each day I enter the date and everything I eat.  The great thing about this journal is there are little tabs marked water, daily 3 and vegetables.  Everything is broken down into categories and it's super simple to use.  There is also a handy reminder guide with add in's you can eat, what smart carbs and power fuels are and the correct measurements for each food.


Nutrisytem uses the phrases "power fuels" which are basically proteins (eggs, lean meats, fatty fish, peant butter, etc.) and "smart carbs" which are good carbs like brown rice, whole grains, breads, fruits and starchy vegetables like, beans, peas, corn and potatoes.  In the past I thought vegetables were vegetables and they were all considered good for you (which in moderation they are).  What I didn't know is that some vegetables are starches as well and those should be eaten in moderation.

So for instance on this program, I can eat corn on the cob and I can mark it down as a vegetable in the vegetable tab, but I also need to mark it down as a smart carb and check off a smart carb tab as well.  If you notice you get 2 smart carbs, 2 power fuels, 4 vegetables, along with my nutrisystem entrees and shake. It looks like alot of food (and sometimes it really does feel like alot too).  But when you break it down throughout the day, it keeps you full and keeps you from snacking all day.

The daily 3 is my exercise guide.  Nutrisystem recommends that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, but they give you the option to break it down into ten minute intervals, if you find that you can't work out for 30 whole minutes at a time.

This handy little guide is my go to weight loss tool.  I use it every single day without fail.  In the past when I was on a weight loss program or simply trying to lose weight on my own, I would write down what I ate, but I would always give it up eventually and then when I didn't have anything holding me accountable for my food intake, I would end up giving up on my diet too, which of course led to gaining it all back.

No one is checking my journal....no one is looking at it and correcting my food....no one is making sure that I'm doing my "homework".  But I know.  So I do it.  It keeps me on track and that's a good thing.

So, did I finally get "unstuck" and move away from 166....my nemesis (hahah)?

Oh hell, yeah!

I lost 2 pounds this week....for a total of 16 pounds lost!

Through mixing my lunches and dinners around, upping my water intake and exercising.  I'm still under alot of stress, and realized this morning that most of the summer (while the kids have been home) I have been stuck and having a hard time losing.  Stress isn't good when you are trying to lose weight.  I decided that I can be a little more "selfish" when it comes to needing me time and a break from my kids and it's not only healthy, but extremely necessary for my weight loss to continue.  Luckily, Rich agrees and he said he will try to help out more with the kids and give me more opportunities to get out of the house and relax for my (and probably more so his - lol) sanity.




  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)


    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog




  • *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.

    No comments: