Friday, July 06, 2012

My 10th Week on Nutrisystem

Today wraps up my tenth week on Nutrisystem.  I didn't lose anything, again.  I think I'm stuck.

I kind of suspected that after the week I've had and the stress I have been under that I wouldn't lose anything and I was right.  This has been the worst week ever, I swear!

First, my email account was hacked.  Then the hacker opened a credit card on my paypal account and stole my money.  Luckily I caught it before it got too bad and hopefully since we had the person's name and address from paypal, that they will be caught and held accountable.  We are praying that that is the worst of it.

Then, Tuesday night  had to take Zachary to the emergency room for stomach pain...thought it was his appendix (and was right).  He had surgery the next morning..some 4th of July he had.

It all started around 3 p.m. Tuesday.  He was hanging out with a friend and apparently ate a bad apple.  He said he took a bite out of an apple and it was brown and black inside...he immediately spit it out.  Then he said his stomach started to hurt so he thought it was food poisoning.  Even though later he was able to eat a burger with his friend.

He came home around 7 or so and went straight to bed, which I thought was odd behavior for him.  Later, Anthony had some friends over and they were hanging out with Zach too and he barely acknowledged them.  He told them he thought it was food poisoning from the apple.  But the pain was now on his right side too.  I got concerned and asked him some questions.  He also had a slight fever and chills.  He looked awful which isn't like him.  Even when he's sick (which is rare), he is still happy go lucky, well, he wasn't acting like himself, that plus the pain...made me worry about his appendix.

Took him straight to the ER where they ran tests and everything came back normal.  They did a CT scan which showed fluid where his appendix should be.  The ER doctor consulted with a surgeon and they both agreed it could be the appendix.  So at 7 that morning, when the surgeon's shift was actually over, he performed surgery on Zach.  He later told me that it was infected and inflammed and it was a good thing we caught it.

Let that be a lesson to all mothers out there.....

always, always always

Trust those instincts!!!

I tried to follow my diet while he was in the hospital.  I drank plenty of water, ate my breakfast bars, even packed  my lunch....but other than walking all over the hospital, I didn't exercise one bit.

Zach is home now recovering and he is doing well...just some pain where his incisions are.  We are so thankful that everything turned out so well.

Last night, Nicholas got the stomach flu...he was afraid it was his appendix too.  Poor kid was scared.  I had to keep explaining to him that his pain was in the middle of his belly and wasn't like Zach's at all (middle and right side constant pain).  Plus, Nicholas had made several trips to the bathroom and threw up about 4 times (Have I ever mentioned how much I hate cleaning up vomit!?!?!).   He woke up this morning like his old, rotten self.


So Needless to say, it has been a stressful week and I'm not the slighest bit surprised that I didn't lose any weight.  I'm glad I didn't gain anything.  It would have been a pleasant surprise to stand on the scale and see something other than 166 which I've been seeing for 3 weeks now (not going to lie), but I'm keeping my spirits high and hoping for a loss next week....and no more stress!



  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)


  • Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog


     

    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.



    No comments: