Friday, May 04, 2012

My 1st Week on Nutrisystem

So, here it is...the end of week one.

One of the reasons I was so excited about trying Nutrisystem is that I am trying to sort of "re new" myself.  Since turning 40, I realized that I have become picky about trying new foods, afraid to climb chairs, scared of the dark and many other things.  I have no idea how I became so neurotic  about so many things.

When I was a little girl I used to pick daddy long leg spiders up and play with them, let caterpillars crawl across my hand, climb the highest limb of a tree, ride my bike with no hands or feet, walk barefoot through the creek and grass, hiked through the woods, rolled down the grassy hills, rode a sled down a huge steep hill through cow poop.

All Without Fear!

No fear of spiders
No fear of bugs
No fear of heights
No fear of letting go
No fear of stepping on gross things or bees
No fear of getting lost
No fear of rolling through a patch of poison ivy
No fear of getting dirty

I want to change those things about myself.

Of course, I'm not going anywhere near a spider or a bug, but I am willing to "live" a little.

I want to explore things with my kids
I want to try new things

I don't want my kids to grow up thinking vegetables are gross and since Mommy didn't like them, she didn't make them.
I don't want my kids to be afraid of water, even though their mother can't swim.
I don't want my kids seeing me sitting on the bench at the playground while they play.

Soooooo.....

This week when my shipments of Nutrisystem arrived and I unpacked them, I noticed a few dinners and other items that I thought I would never like, therefore I never would have bothered trying.

I realized that in order to lose weight, I needed to give the food a try.  No turning my nose up at something different...I mean afterall, my poor limited diet (re: junk and crappy food) is what helped make me so big in the first place.

While I didn't like every thing I tried, I did indeed try it.
Almost everything I ate, I enjoyed.  There was only a few things that I wasn't thrilled with, but that's okay I succeeded in trying them, even ate more than half of the dish.

What's funny is I tried other diets before and because I was so limited on what I chose to eat from the plan, I never stuck with the diet for long.  I'd last a week or two and then give up.

I'm NOT giving up this time!

I did not cheat this week, not even once.

I ate my Nutrisystem meals, the extra veggies, salads, power fuels and smart carbs.

And I felt full...I wasn't hungry.

I didn't sneak any cookies or chips.

I wasn't even tempted too.

I think having everything color coded just made following this plan so much easier.

Just grab a blue package for breakfast, green for lunch, red for dinner and purple for dessert.
All the hard work was done.  I didn't have to think about what I was putting in my mouth.
Even planning my family's meals around my food was easy.

When they had hamburgers, I had a hamburger
When they ate pizza, I ate pizza too.
When they ate steak and potatoes, I had meatloaf and potatoes.

It was that easy!

So how did I measure up this week?

Starting weight {eeeekkkk, can't believe I'm actually going to post this}:   180 pounds
Week One:  175 pounds

Not too shabby for the first week, eh?

Of course, I know everyone loses alot their first week...partially due to water and partially because your body kinda goes into shock -- I'm sure it's thinking "what the heck is she doing to me and where are my chips and cookies?" and that's why you lose so much at first.  But as long as I'm losing it and learning the correct portions and proper balance of foods, I think I'll be happy and healthier in the long run.

If you want to lose weight and feel great too, visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689.


*Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I love how you framed this, Charlene! I'm sure it would be a worthwhile exercise for us all to step back and think about our hangups as we've gotten older.

And congrats on a great first week!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I am so proud of you! This is awesome! How did you get set up with this?