Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PEEPS - Salt Paint Art

I mixed up some salt paint to give these little Peep Bunnies a cool "sugary" effect, just like the real thing.


To make the paint - combine 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup liquid laundry starch, 1 cup of salt and a few tablespoons of poster paint. 

I divided the main recipe in half and then added the paint - it still made a lot of paint.  We used "peep" colors (pink, purple, blue and yellow).


I printed out a copy of this Peep Bunny pattern from Dana Made It.   Nathan and I painted the bunnies.





After the paint dried (overnight), I cut the bunnies out and Nathan glued the bunnies to a sheet of blue construction paper.  We also cut some green grass to glue along the bottom.  We cut slits in the green paper to give it a "grassy" effect.  And then added a cotton ball for a tail.  These came out So Cute!




LOVE them!!! Makes me hungry for some real Peeps!




10 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Those are adorable...and it makes me hungry for Peeps, too! Hahaha!!!

Kim said...

Cute idea, looks likes so much fun for the kiddies!

RedTedArt said...

Oh my, these bunnies are cute cute cute! Love that you made these with salt paint too! Very different!

Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!

Maggy

Elle Belles Bows said...

Stopping by from Red Ted!

Very clever and CUTE!

Kerri

jfb57 said...

Hi! I found you via Red Ted Art who thought you might like to link to the Resource Centre (there's a badge!) It is a space for teachers who are looking for ideas so some of your posts would be ideal! I do hope you will pop over! http://t.co/3L9nBUJ

Julia

Unknown said...

I love this idea! I'm definitely doing this with my students at school!!

April is Autism Awareness Month. I'm blogging all month long about Autism.
www.barbaramanatee.blogspot.com

Tim said...

Thanks for the recipe! I pinned this to my board at http://pinterest.com/pin/14412868/

Unknown said...

SO cute!! I love this idea! We are your newest followers:)

Michelle Griffo said...

This is really cute! I did a peeps craft too..I would love for you to come over and see it!

Michelle

@ http://applesandabcs.blogspot.com

Michelle Griffo said...

Let's link up to each other!!! I am going to do another post of the kids actually making it, so I will like to you there!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's