Saturday, February 12, 2011

Change Is A Good Thing?

I don't like changes.  I dig my heels in when it comes to change.  It freaks me out a bit.  After years of having the same template/background on my blog, the server changes over and they didn't take my template, which left me with a white background and a not so nifty little tag in the corner that said photobucket deleted file or something like that.  And if that wasn't bad enough, the little tag box popped over to the middle of my blog and scrolled down the page, making it hard to read. 

I didn't mind the white "blank slate" look so much, as I minded the stupid scrolling box thing.  Amanda (who I call my technical advisor lol) worked all afternoon yesterday trying to figure out how to get that dumb box off.  It turned out to be a simple fix.  But, somehow it messed with the font size of my sidebar.  The words there are huge and I can't figure out how to make them smaller like they were before.  I hate Change and I hate that I'm not a "technical" person even more.  I kind of like the look of the three columns most blogs have too, but I'm too chicken to mess with it and I'm too afraid I'll screw my blog up even more.

As I was saying change and me, we don't get along so well.  Which is probably why I freak out every time facebook decides to change it's look.  It was fine the way it was...why mess with it? I've also been freaking out lately because my normal happy go lucky, fun girl is turning into a freaking hormonal monster.  One minute she's the sweet girl that I loved hanging out with and the next it's the hormone monster screaming and freaking out and I never know which one I'm going to get.  We now have two of those in the house.  What is my world coming to?

Another change will be happening in the fall...my oldest baby (yes, baby) will be going to college.  It seems just like yesterday Rich and I were fighting over who got to hold her and rock her to sleep.  Now our baby girl is going off to college!! She's leaving us --- How dare she?! It makes me wish that I was a billionaire and owned acres and acres of land that I can build all my children their very own houses.  And we could see each other all the time and they would never, ever leave us or be to far out of our sights.  How on earth did our parents do this...they didn't even have cell phones and texting to check in with us.  How do you let go? How do you deal with the change?

One day, I am going to have to deal with the world and technology changing all around me.  Until then, I'm quite happy burying myself deep in my hole of denial.  Hope you like the changes to my blog, because unless Amanda can fix it for me - it will be staying like this for a while LOL!

Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

Kisma said...

This is awesome! Love this post!
I don't mind change so much when it comes to some things, but in matters of simple things, like FB or Blogger... leave it alone if its working.

And as for children growing up, I have decided I do not like this phase of the teenager. My children have morphed into aliens. Cute aliens, but a challenge in their own ways which is a true test of my patience and how long they will live.

Congrats on the oldest heading to college, that is pretty awesome!!!

Kristy K said...

I like it Char... I didn't even notice a different on the sidebar (I did notice the white, but it looks fine!).

Emmy said...

Good thing your husband doesn't work in the same industry as mine. Blogger has three column templates now, so it is really easy. That would be crazy to have a kid going off to college. My mom never seemed to get upset when changes like that happened and people would always ask her how. She would say, while she would miss them- she wouldn't want them to be anywhere else- she disnt want them to be hugshool dropouts still living at home.

Evonne said...

I'm not a fan of change, even when I know it's coming. As for my babies (they will always be my babies) growing up, I'm in denial about that big time!

Jackie said...

Your blog looks fine, I like it!

I'm with you on change though. I used to think I was ok with it, but I'm really not especially technical ones. Oh, did I get annoyed when FB made their change. I liked the old look! And well blogger, I'm still not used to making changes on here.

Congrats on your daughter going off to college!!

Unknown said...

I don't like change either, but it can bring great things. I think your blog looks fine!

Grizzly Bear said...

I am so not a big fan of chang eeither.. oh how I get irritated when facebook changes everything. Love the white look though and your pic and tag line very cute!

My oldest will be senior next year and I am not looking forward to seeing him off to college soon. :(

Aimee said...

Love you Char...you and me-we are alot alike!