Monday, January 10, 2011

This is why I hate working

I came home last night to find that that damn not me kid broke the remote to the tv in the living room
This is the second time they've done it
Rich was able to fix it the last time...

(pic from google images)

That's even worse than coming home to a missing remote.
If it's just missing at least there is hope that you can find it.
A broken remote, just means no tv and SILENCE

You would think I would relish the silence.
And honestly, most days I would love to have some peace and quiet

But, I don't really like it too quiet. 
Too quiet means someone is getting into something that they shouldn't be.
Too quiet means they are coloring on the walls and plotting and planning against me.
These ears of mine have been well tuned for almost 18 years now.

I like background noise.
It's what I'm used to.
Not a day goes by where there isn't something going on to hold my attention
Silence just freaks me out.

I'm seriously going through withdrawls.
Let's face it though, if I did have a remote
I wouldn't really be watching the tv anyway
I would be listening to it, from another room.

So, I come home to a complete mess.
Amanda made cookies
And then left them out on the counter ..... all night long
And left a nice, well, not so nice little mess for me this morning
Cookies stuck to the tray....looks appetizing, no?


Not to mention that......

No one gave Nathan a bath, even though I texted three of them to remind them.
The poor dog was left outside and it was freezing out there.
My laundry room looks like it puked up dirty clothes (Mt Everest has nothing on this pile - trust me)
There was playdough on the table that no one put away.
The clean baskets of clothes that needed to be put away was still sitting in the same spot.
There were dirty dishes in the living room under the couch

I'm thinking to myself this morning, why bother cleaning it up
I have to work again tonight
I'm sure it'll be just as nice when I get home.
A nice little "welcome home mom" surprise, just for me.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I so relate! I don't have as many people in my house, just the 4 of us, but when I'm away from the house for awhile, same thing, crap everywhere. There's one thing I hate, is walking into a messy house! I try to do the test to see how long it will stay like that but it drives me nuts so I end up cleaning it up. Hope it gets better for you. Smile.

Empty Nester said...

Oh how well I remember those days. Maybe this empty nest thing isn't so bad after all. LOL

Ashley Marie said...

Aww I'm sorry!! But at least you have kids, mess and all :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I gotta have my background noises too!

Emmy said...

So sorry :(. I have five brothers and sisters so my mom is used to noise too. She would often have the TV on just to have some noise in the house as we all started moving away

Jamie said...

I'm with you on the background noise! New follower. Great blog!

Jolene said...

Oh Wow! You live my life as well. Going to work and coming home to a mess. I do agree with the background noise and I am so sorry you have to go through what you do. I do understand so well.

Kisma said...

So many of us can relate to what you have described. I love the background noise and I have exchanged words with my husband on more then one occasion when he IS home with the kids and I come home to a mess. Hello, seriously... and then he wonders why I am so peeved.

You are not alone. :-)

Kelly L said...

I'm sorry but you had me laughing... dishes under the couch... We now have 2 remotes for the same TV... One the kids are NOT allowed to touch.. So far it's working...
I'm your newest stalker from FMBT
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Need 2 B Home said...

I hear ya, kids kids kids. If only we really knew what went on in those brains of theirs.
Looking forward to following your blog. Just made a quick stop by for FMBT!
Follow me at http://Need2BHome.blogspot.com

Darcy said...

ugh! i can feel your frustration! if it's not one thing it's another my mom would always say! hugs to you.

Dragonfly Sweetnest said...

i always have to have background noises too if I don't have them it just feels weird.
I found you on a blog hop and I am ur newest follower in everything. If you get the chance check out my blog
http://dragonflysweetnest.blogspot.com/
thanks, Amber