Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Few Pics From My Birthday

I let the kids pick some of the tulips from my flower beds.  They looked absolutely gorgeous! The kids plotted with Rich and threw me a "surprise" party.  The plan was for Rich to get me out of the house for a few hours while the kids decorated and Amanda baked a cake.  When we got back we found Amanda in tears.  Her cake didn't come out right.  I think she tried to frost it, while it was still warm or something but it basically crumbled.  I told her that it would be okay and she should remember the cake that I cracked in half on Nick's birthday.  It happens to the best of us.  I fixed it up and it looked like nothing was wrong with it under all the frosting....no one was the wiser, until we cut it.  It was just our family anyway.   And let me tell ya, it sure did taste great despite it's looks.   It was definately the thought that counted.  We had pizza, cake and ice cream and Pink decorations (my favorite color).  All in all I had a great day.  My family ROCKS!

My Tulips

Waiting for everyone so they could devour the pizza
Rich carrying the cake and singing "happy birthday"
Me.....Whoa, that's a whole lotta candles! (38, if you're counting)
DEEP breath!
Gotta 'em all in one blow, haha!
Cake Time!

8 comments:

Kel said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Such beautiful pictures, looks like your family went all out for you :)

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Your tulips are gorgeous! Mine are already wilted and sorry looking.

Hope you had a great birthday!

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Looks like you had a great birthday! :)

Hey! I'm visiting from Friday Follow. Happy Friday!

You can visit and follow any of my blogs:

http://sostylilized.blogspot.com - currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs

http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com - Family blog

Hello Jessica Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmy said...

Happy Birthday!! Those are beautiful flowers. And good job getting all of those candles out ;)

Kisma said...

Awesome pictures!