Monday, March 01, 2010

First Post Of March!

In Like a Lion........Rawr!!

Remember that old saying for March? In like a lion.....Out like a lamb (Or vice versa). Well, Nathan and I are taking this phrase to heart and making lots of fun lion and lamb things this month, as well as St Paddy's Day stuff (stay tuned!). This was our craft for the day.


Paint the paper plate yellow (you need two plates)

Next, take some noodles (any kind will do), 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, red food coloring and a baggie

Put the rubbing alcohol, a few drops of food coloring and the noodles in the baggie
And shake it up....really well.  The noodles will turn orange
Lay the noodles out on some paper towels or newspaper to dry

Using glue, start placing the noodles around the edge of the plate, we also used plain noodles
There will be tons of glue left over on the plate, so make sure you use the kind that dries clear.
Glue on some eyes (we used the wiggle ones) and draw a face.  Cut out some ears using the other painted paper plate.
Cute Little Fella, isn't he?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Great idea!

Emmy said...

That is so cute!! Great idea

starnes family said...

Very cute craft. You have such great ideas. I love checking in to see what you've done!

Helene said...

I love it!!! What a fun project and so adorable!!!!

My kids would LOVE this!!! Although the last time we colored noodles for a project, we all had green and red hands for a week. I like the idea of a ziploc bag!!

Amy said...

I love this idea!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea! My little guy has been begging me to make a lion and I had nothing. Thank you so much! This one is adorable!