Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Feeling A Little Blue

First, I'm upset about not getting any comments on either of my blogs. I know this is silly and stupid. I also know that it's summer and everyone is busy doing things with their families, etc. Hey, I'm busy too, I have six children, a husband, pets, and a part time job. I know about being busy. But, I still find time to comment on other people's blogs. It kind of makes me depressed. It kind of makes me think, what am I doing wrong. I don't know what the problem is, I get readers. I guess they are more like drive-bys or something. I just don't get it.

Second, I'm feeling kind of run down. I know it's because I stopped drinking pop. But, I think I have a sinus infection or cold as well. My asthma has been all wackadoodle lately too. I think I picked the wrong time to try to give up sugar, artificial sweeteners and caffeine (I still get caffeine, but in smaller amounts, not an all day thing). My head is killing me, from the lack of it. And I feel like my kids are being extra annoying this week for some reason. They spend all day every day fighting with each other, I don't know how much more of that I can take. Actually, just about everything is either annoying me, frustrating me or making me feel depressed.

Third, we have quite a few elderly neighbors. Most of them just keep to themselves, but this one lady in particular is starting to get on my nerves. She is constantly coming over to our yard and talking to the kids, giving them cookies and crap. Today, she gave them arm loads full of stuffed animals. Do you know how many of those suckers I have thrown away to reduce it down to what we now have (a few per kid) and now my house looks like a zoo with all these stupid stuffed animals. I have been trying to declutter my house all summer long and now it's being filled back up with more friggin crap!! UGH!!! I think she's lonely, in fact I know she's lonely, she lost her husband this past winter (this is a different neighbor than Mrs. Smith, the one that Anthony mows grass for). I think she needs some friends her own age, not my kids. For crying out loud it's just annoying, looking outside and seeing her standing there. She even made herself home in our garden patch. I don't mind sharing, but still??!

Fourth, I have been a walking doormat my whole life. I hate it, but I continue to get taken advantage of and it really makes me depressed. Amanda has these two girls she hangs out with. For months on end this past winter/spring, I seemed to be the only parent out of the three that could drive these girls to the mall. The mall is a half hour away and the excuses that I heard for them not wanting to take the girls is "I don't have enough gas" - Hello, you have a little two or small four door coupe, I'm driving a freakin' minivan - I shouldn't have enough gas!! "I have a job, I can't do it" - Hello, I have a job too, plus 5 other kids that I have to take care of. Then the kicker came last night, Amanda was to spend last night at one of the girls' house, because it was her birthday. They said they would pick her up. She waited and waited for them, they never showed. But they did call and said they were in the same town we live in visiting the mother's friend. Did they bother to pick Amanda up when they were done? Nope, they decided to rent a movie instead and then said they didn't have enough gas to come back and get Amanda, so they wanted me to drop her off. And like a dumbass, I did it. I'm so freakin' tired of that crap I could just scream!!

As I was complaining about all this to Rich, he reminded me of a new song. Country fans will know of the tune, but it goes like this:

Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy
It’s just a common case of everyday reality
Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
It sounds like life to me

Sounds like life to me plain old destiny
Yeah the only thing for certain is uncertainty
You gotta hold on tight just enjoy the ride
Get used to all this unpredictability
Sounds like life

Man I know its tough but you gotta suck it up
To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy
Sounds like life to me
Sounds like life

Yeah, I realize now that my problems all sound so trivial, but hell it's my blog and if I want a bitchfest than, I'll go for it. And for the record, now that I got it all out, I do feel somewhat better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will comment! I love reading your blogs. They help me get through my days. Weird, huh? I follow your weight loss blog also, that is when it's not locked up! heheh Thanks for unlocking, I am living vicariously through you and your journey! It sucks, huh? About the neighbor, you've got to tell her that you have way too many toys for the kids and such.