Thursday, September 04, 2008

I think I'm in trouble

Last night, I was reading this scary website called Grave Addiction, which in the first place I shouldn't be doing because I scare myself senseless when I'm done. In the second place, I definitely shouldn't have done it at night, I was too scared to go downstairs to the laundry room last night LOL!

So this website basically has ghost stories and pictures of haunted places, cemeteries, prisons, etc. One of the places, Eastern State Penitentiary of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, had mentioned that Al Capone was a prisoner at one time. I don't know why but for whatever reason, I'm curious about that sort of thing. So I googled him and read all about him. Then I got to thinking that Rich once told me that the government sometimes monitors what sites people look up, what books they borrow from the library, etc.

I asked Rich if it was okay that I read about this mobster and if that is something the government watches. He looked at me like I was a nut and simply said "no". I don't know why I was so worried about it. But, I went about my business and forgot about it. Then this morning I hear this noise outside. It sounded like a helicopter. Sometimes, we will hear helicopters go overhead, if there was an accident where someone is being life flighted or something. One of the places where they pick them up is the school football field, which isn't far from our house.

The sound didn't go away and it sounded like it was right over our house. I looked outside a couple of windows and couldn't see anything. I went outside on the back porch to see if I could see anything. I couldn't see anything right away, but I knew it was there because I could hear it. Finally it flies around the tree and I get a look at it. It's army green in color and flying really low. It circled the area (felt like our house) a few times and then sat behind the tree where I couldn't see it. Then it moved again and I got another glimpse of it before it took off and didn't come back.

Now, isn't that the strangest thing you have ever heard. What the crap was that about?

I told Rich about it when he got up. And told him I thought I was in trouble and that the copter was watching me. LOL! I'm probably just being paranoid, but still.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're keeping an eye on you. JK. I know what you mean about freaking yourself out reading those scary stories. I like to watch Ghost Hunters but sometimes I can't go to bed afterwards. I remember watching an episode where they went to investigate Eastern State, and they caught something on tape but couldn’t confirm it as real or a hoax.

Speaking of Al Capone, years ago I visited his hide-a-way in Northwestern Wisconsin. It was really kind of cool, but our guide mentioned the possibility of Capone dumping some bodies in the lake that his property bordered.

Seriously, I think you’re ok. Here they have mobster tours. The Twin Cities, St Paul especially, was a big mobster retreat in the 20's

~B. said...

There is no way that I could read those stories...EVER...let alone all by myself at night. You're so brave! :)

As far as the helicopter...is there a military facility anywhere nearby? Maybe they were doing maneuvers or something?