Thursday, January 10, 2008

Water problems, again

Man, just when you think things are going great and everything is working fine. Wham, you end up with another problem you weren't expecting to have to pay for. I just want to scream!!!

Our sink in the upstairs bathroom was clogged and that one ties into the kitchen sink so they were both clogged. Rich tried to fix it, but couldn't get it unclogged, so I called the plumber today. They came and it's now unclogged. The plumber said it was so clogged, backed up all the way to the wall (whatever that means). I do know that I chose the wrong time to go and check on them. Because at that moment he had just pulled the pipe down and there was crap, nasty crap all over the laundry room. Thank God he put plastic down. And Thank God I was almost caught up with the laundry. Could you imagine the mess if I hadn't done the laundry. Oh my! He said he would clean it up and I was just like oh don't worry about it. But man, I hope he did clean it up. I have enough stuff to do, without having to clean that up too. I haven't checked yet, but I'm going to be brave and head down there just as soon as I'm done here.

At any rate, we haven't been able to do the dishes for about two days. We did manage to wash a few things in the tub down in the laundry room, but we couldn't drag everything down there. So I have countertops full of dirty, smelly dishes to do. I also need to clean out the fridge, because I couldn't do it before with the dishes being so backed up. I am also doing the laundry today, finishing it all up. I had today and yesterday off. So I am in full cleaning mode. Which is a good thing, since my house is trashed. Oh and did I mention, that in the mists of all this mess, my sister in law and her family came for a visit (all the way from Georgia). So that was nice, to have them come by and see my disgusting house insert sarcasm here.

Well I'm off to clean dishes (for eight people) from two days ago and do some laundry. Sometimes, having six kids isn't so fun!

No comments: