Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Break Means No Break For Mom



The kids had a half day of school today. They had their holiday parties and the teachers hyped them up on candy and sent them home -- Thanks!

My kids do fight on occassion, but it's not always that bad. Except for today, I for the life of me, can not figure out what got into them! Sarah is whining worse than Nathan. Constant whining from her! Amanda and Anthony feel the need to scream, instead of talk. Zachary, Nicholas and Nathan are running around like lunatics! With more screaming!

My poor head!

I'm scrambling around trying to get things done for Christmas. One package, Rich paid to have overnighted is delayed 24 hours!? He's in pain from his back, so he is grouchy.

Where is our Christmas spirit?

Oh and here's the really fun part. I stayed up last night trying to get some things done, i.e. bake cookies, put the teachers' gifts together, etc. Well, at some point I was exhausted and sat down and proceeded to fall asleep. In the meantime, I left all the cookie stuff out. We're talking melted chocolate, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc. I guess when Nathan got up, he was hungry. So he helped himself to not only the cookies I had made, but also to the melted chocolate and other things. Rich woke me up. My Gosh, what a mess that little boy made.

I guess the good thing is that if something happened to me and I was deblitated for some reason, Nathan really could take care of himself and fix something for himself to eat, huh?

1 comment:

Denise said...

Gotta love a self sufficient little man ;0