Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday to do list, so far....UPDATED!!

Thought it would be easier to do if I had it written out somewhere, so I can check things off as I get them done. And hopefully get most of them done within the next few days, so all I will have to do is finish the shopping when the money is here. I already have my ham, I got that a few weeks ago from work. They gave out 14 pound hams for a gift. So I threw mine in the freezer to make on Christmas day (I usually make a ham on Christmas day anyway, so that was one big expense I didn't have to worry about).

1. First and foremost, I can not control the postal service. So I need to get the cards finished and mail those suckers today! I don't know how long it will take the post office to deliver them, but I can at least get them in the mail and cross my fingers that people will get them before Christmas ----- DONE!!

2. Decorate my naked tree. I already started doing this in spurts. As I walk by it, I will throw things on it. I already did the lights and garland. Now, I need to finish the rest of it and throw some other decorations around as well. ----- DONE!!

3. Wrap the gifts I already have and make a list of them. So I can see, who has what and what else I need. Make another list of things that I will need to buy. ----- IN PROCESS!!

4. Bake cookies. I did tell Sarah she could help me. I will have to decide what else I need and make a list for the store. Some things I already have, so I can make some cookies. I will just have to make the rest later. -----IN PROCESS!!

5. Figure out what I need for my family's party on Saturday. At least it's not here this year, so I don't have the mad dash of cleaning that would go along with that. But I need to make something to take with us. And I need to get a few small gifts (nothing expensive) for my nieces and nephew. Also, Rich will have to get a gift for the Chinese auction thing we do with the adults. I already got mine. I would have gotten him something too (I still might) but I thought he might like to get something for himself. ----- JUST NEED 3 MORE PRESENTS!

6. Clean the house. It's not out of control dirty. Just messy, so I will need to get that done as well. ----PUT THE KIDS TO WORK ON THIS!!

7. Shop for the rest of the gifts I need. And decide what I'm making for Chirstmas dinner and buy the things I'll need for that.---- ALREADY HAVE DINNER PLANNED AND PAID FOR - JUST NEED TO FINISH THE GIFTS!!

I think that is all I have to do. But I need to get started ---- NOW!

2 comments:

TxGambit said...

I'm scared to write a list... lol! It just might stress me out. ;)

Merry Christmas!

Susanne said...

I have all of my wrapping to do and it terrifies me!!