Sunday, December 16, 2007

Are you ready for Christmas?



That is a question I have heard non-stop for the past few weeks. Everytime I hear it, I go into panic mode!

No, I'm not ready for Christmas. I don't think I ever will be! I only have 9 days left and only a few presents. Work keeps calling me and asking if I can come in and work. Well, gee maybe if I wasn't running around shopping and trying to get caught up, I would. But I promised that I would bake cookies with Sarah, I have a bare tree standing in the family room, which I have also promised we would decorate. And too many other things to mention.

I did get most of my cards done and sent out. But even those I didn't finish. I still have about 10-12 to make out for family members. And at least Amanda helped clean the house, so that is off my mind as well. Oh and yeah I did get the outside decorations done, so that is another less thing to worry about. But I still feel like freaking out!!

Rich and I are running out in a little bit to get some shopping done. So hopefully that will ease my mind some. I only have to work Tuesday, unless they ask me to come in, which they already did today (I don't think I'm going to do it). So that should give me some time to get things done this week.

I'm always wondering why I go to so much trouble to make things nice for the kids. I guess I just want them to be happy and have a nice memory of Christmas. If only they would remember all the good things, and not the bad. If they remember the thought behind the presents, the surprises, the way our house looked like Christmas threw up on it, the way the cookies tasted and how many different kinds there were. Instead of all the running around trying to make things nice, decorating, yelling at them for touching the tree again, making them help me clean up for the hundredth time... then I guess I can be happy knowing they have such good memories and satitsfied that I did a good enough job.

**I did manage to get pictures of Santa done as well. The older two are too cool to sit with Santa - the Humbugs!**

No comments: